Thursday, July 19, 2018

a thursday that seemed like a monday

I had a doctor appointment today. She looked up from my papers and said, "You know, your blood pressure is a little high."

I'm sure it is.


I started the day off by burning my arm on splatters of hot butter.


We got locked out of the house so I had to rip the bathroom screen and climb through the window. It was not a big window and I am not as small as I once was. Of course I had just taken a shower, done my hair and makeup and was wearing a dress. I gave the neighbors quite a show.


Last night I cleaned up ants crawling around the front seat of my car. I didn't know they were also in the back until this morning when AB said ants were in her snack bag. I moved a few things in the back and saw dozens of ants running around. I have no idea how they got there but I need them gone. I had to do an emergency ant extermination.


I dropped papers off at an office in town and got delayed there so I got AB to the babysitter's late. Because of that I got to the doctors late.
Delays at the doctor meant I didn't get in until over an hour past my appointment time.


I'm not surprised my blood pressure was a little high.

You know whose blood pressure is just fine? This sweet little ballerina.

She did three hours at a little ballet camp and suddenly she's an expert on the art of dance. She was showing me a few things she learned and having me repeat them. "Oh no, Mama. That's not the right way. THIS is the way. Do THIS with your foot. LIKE THIS, MOM." Then she launched herself across the floor and slid into the refrigerator. She's such a dainty little lady!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Boo to high blood pressure but gosh she is adorable!

Callie said...

Oh my goodness, I'm sorry! Those "Monday" days happen way too often. Your daughter is adorable in her ballet outfit! My daughter just started ballet too, and it is SO CUTE.

rooth said...

Ants are guaranteed to raise my blood pressure any time! How do they get inside the car / house / anywhere???