Wednesday, July 11, 2018

midweek round up

* I tried a new zumba yesterday. I haven't been since we moved even though every single week I wrote "go to zumba" on my church bulletin. Every week I write my weekly goals on the bulletin and 9 out of 10 times I write the same things week after week. It's not a very effective system. Anyhow. It's at 9:15 class which I think is too early to be out of the house exercising but I finally did it. I've been to many a zumba class but never have I ever been to such a loud class. The ladies, and one man, were whopping and hollering like a gang of hyenas. I could barely hear the music. Back where I come from, there's a small applause after each song and the occasional enthusiastic yell but nothing like this. I'll go back but I'll pack earplugs along with my water bottle.

Churches are much more vocal here too. People are frequently amening, that's righting and every week the congregation claps at least once. I don't enjoy clapping in church (clapping makes it seem too much like a performance) but I do a polite golf clap every so often. When in Rome!  


* Sesame got her first haircut when we were at home. She was obviously thrilled.
So many people have asked me lately if I curl her hair. Yes! I wake us both up at 4am to put her hair in curlers every single morning. I hope we'll be able to keep it up this rigorous schedule when she starts school.


* I hold myself to a high library fines standard. I always pay them off immediately and pride myself in never owing more than $2. Imagine my shock and horror when I was checking out at the library and the librarian said we couldn't get any books because we had reached our fine limit. Excuse me? I have never reached my limit. I asked how much we owed and she said $27. TWENTY SEVEN DOLLARS. I was speechless and mortified. She must have me mixed up with someone else. I didn't believe her so she printed out a receipt that was over four feet long. It was so long that when I folded it, it was too bulky to fit in my wallet. It took two librarians and a visit to a different library to get it all sorted out. I thought I had returned a HUGE pile of books on their due date but had actually returned them a few days late. Take it from me- late fees add up fast. 
Actual footage of the library accountant seeing my money roll in.
* I went out to grill chicken the other night and found two frogs hanging out under the lid. Needless to say, I can never cook on that grill again. I asked Christopher the other day when frog season will be over and he said it's not a season. They're a permanent fixture. If you hear I've been arrested for illegal drug possession you can blame the frogs.

* I'm been discussing adoption and foster care with AB lately. She gave me a hug and said, "I would want you and Daddy to adopt me."

linking up with Cup of Tea

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am so envious of her hair!!!! Love all the curls.

rooth said...

What a darling, even when impatiently getting her hair cut