Friday, July 27, 2018

currently- the july edition

Reading: children's book after children's book after children's book. We're nearing the end of the library's summer reading program and doing our best to have a strong finish. We blew the minimum number of books out of the water. The required number was 3 but we're at 93. I didn't know I was supposed to be keeping track of minutes until a few weeks ago so I used my poor math skilz to calculate that we were at 300 minutes. We have two more days to reach 600 minutes and we're almost there. Almost meaning 90 minutes but we shall press on. Sesame doesn't care one bit but I'm determined to make it. We went to an end of the program party and AB danced her little feet off. She got up on the stage with the other children and sang Let It Go. For some reason it made me tear up. She's getting so big!
She won a prize for participating in the program and we picked it up today. She got a Pete the Cat book, stuffed animal and a few coupons for free ice cream and KFC. We also got a Dunkin Donuts gift card. The librarian let us choose between Pizza Hut and DD and without my influencing Annabelle chose DD. My work as a mother is done.


Burying: Benjamin "Little Blue" Harrison, our beta fish. He was never as beloved a member of our family as Millard T. Fillmore so it's possible he died of a broken heart. He was a very boring fish and none of us are surprised he lived a short life. I sent him down the porcelain express this morning and we've already replaced him. Walmart isn't where I typical purchase live fish but the pet department was right next to the shaving cream I needed so it was killing two birds with one stone. His name is TBD but Annabelle is calling him Bluey Gabluey and that's a name train I refuse to get on.

Planning: my New Years 2020 party. The theme will be Hindsight. 

Setting up: a slipnslide. Our old slipnslide went the same way as AB's kiddie picnic table- lost somewhere between NY and here. Personally, I think it was stolen by the movers but that hasn't been proven. I got a new one and set it up this morning to the soundtrack of AB's constant comments. "Are you sure that's the way it goes? Is it long enough? Can I have a snack? Can it turn into a pool? How do they make slipnslides? Is it lunchtime yet?" I put on my bathing suit and slide down because I want her to remember me as a cool mom. I banged my knee on a rock and am icing the huge welt it made on my leg as we speak. A few hours before that I shut my arm in the library door. She'll remember me as the invalid mom.

(Apparently) bad at: drawing. I drew a number 7 balloon on a birthday package I was mailing and the lady at the post office asked if it was a sock. Because drawing a sock on a string makes sense. I'm not Norman Rockwell but it was slightly insulting.


Shopping at: Joanns. As always. This is so me. I saw a cute painted box in aisle 2 then wandered the store looking for an unpainted box, stencils and paint so I could make my own. 
Forgetting: everything I was going to blog about.

Apologizing for: such a boring post.

4 comments:

Laura Darling said...

Cracking up at your 2020 New Year's theme!!

rooth said...

Don't worry, we still think you're the Cool Mom :)

Callie said...

Hahaha, the slip and slide story made me laugh! Sounds like me. :-D

Jen said...

Haha the 2020 theme! love it!