Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Because you're so interested in what I ate last weekend

I recently returned from visiting my friend in New York for the weekend. And by 'friend' I mean the one that I'm engaged to. I just want to be clear on that point. 
To get to and from New York I went on four separate very small, very shaky, very squeaky, and very old planes. At one point I felt like saying, "you can do it! You can do it!" to the plane as it struggled to get off the runway. I'd like to send the TSA a letter along the following lines:

Dear TSA,
While I greatly appreciate all the effort you put into ensuring we enjoy our flights, namely providing a variety of beverages and bags of peanuts, I would like to suggest that you investigate the soundness of your aircraft. Planes that sound like they're about to fall apart or break in half at any moment don't exactly inspire wonderful thoughts of confidence in you.

Thank you,
A Small Aircraft Passenger

At any rate, we landed without too much incident and Christopher and I were reunited. We choose Buffalo Wild Wings for supper because we like to eat and because I will never turn down buffalo wings served with a side of blue cheese and a large supply of paper napkins. {For some reason I always feel the need to document what I eat.}

During his lunch break the next day, Christopher brought me to see a model of our new apartment. I have all of two photos to show of it which slightly  disappointed my family, but that means they'll just have to come up to visit even sooner.
We need to decorate so I think one of these options would be fabulous. The Red Sox room might be the winner since I'll be living in the land of the Yankees and need people to know where my allegiance lies. 
One reason for the trip was for me to become a little familiar with the area and see where the various stores are. I now know the locations of the craft stores, the craft departments within non-craft stores, Dunkin' Donuts, four different grocery stores{thanks to the many hours I spent walking their aisles}, and the Greek restaurant. The location of the Greek restaurant is important because we ate there Friday night and as I said, I like to document my eating experiences. 

I will now share some  . As of Saturday, I can officially drive a standard! I am quite proud of my new-found ability and of the fact that Christopher's car was not damaged in the process. 

Sunday we went to church and sat behind an adorable baby girl. I wanted to kidnap her but I didn't have the heart to take her away from her mother. It's probably better for all of us that way because I have a feeling that kidnapping a baby might interrupt our wedding plans just a little. I bet you're dying to know where we ate lunch after church so I'll tell you- it was Moe's. And it was delicious. We then drove to the airport and before I climbed back into another small, squeaky, shaky and old airplane, we took our picture.

I had no idea that one of Christopher's many talents is taking a practically perfect self-portrait. 

Edit: I just remembered that we looked at some of the SUYL singles on Kelly's blog for Autumn and Joanna.! ;-)

1 comment:

Dandelion Momma said...

Your apartment looks so cute! I really like the kitchen area and the lights over the bar.