Friday, September 9, 2011

patriotic crafts

Over the last year I'm made quite a collection of patriotic crafts. 
Here are three of my favorites.

1. tissue paper heart
I found this craft when looking a something patriotic to make with Zachary and Molly, but I ended up being the only one to complete the craft. For some reason they thought the pool was more exciting than tissue paper. I just can't see why. ;-)

2. voting book
I LOVE voting. Voting was the #1 reason I looked forward to turning 18! I always take the 'I voted' stickers they hand out and instead of them just laying around collecting dust, I made a voting book to put them in. I think it will be so cool to look back at this book in a few years and see who I voted for! 

3. red,white, and blue cake
I made this cake last July. I was going to make a rainbow cake but didn't have enough pans, so I did red, white, and blue instead. Seeing how it was the 4th of July, those colors were more appropriate than rainbow colors! I used little green Army men and a flag to create Iwo Jima on the top.


Semper Wifey

2 comments:

Semper Wifey said...

Wow...these are all adorable! The voting book is such a unique idea! I was so excited to vote when I turned 18, too! :) I LOVE the cake...I'll probably be borrowing this idea at some point.

Thanks so much for linking up today!!! :)

http://semperwifey.blogspot.com

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

What great creations :o) It will be fun to have record of the votes you have done. Neat idea! Cute patriotic paper heart. And the cake worked perfectly with the red, white and blue layers. :o)

Stopping by through Semper Wifey's blog party.

Blessings & Aloha!
I was late in joining in yesterday, but here is my link up: Armed Forces Family