Friday, September 30, 2011

the spring chickens have finally hatched

I recently wrote about Elizabeth asking me to sew her a stuffed animal.
Having never sewn a stuffed animal before I wasn't sure how it would turn out.

 It is with a small bit of pride that I present to you...Spring Chicken. 
To give the chicken a little extra wow factor, I attached the above eyes with velcro so Elizabeth can change the eyes whenever she feels the mood is right.
 Just try to image a time when you've seen a chicken with so much sass.
I had fabric left over, so I made Spring Chicken Jr. 
I almost faint over the cuteness of this teeny tiny chicken.
Mama Spring Chicken and her little Spring Chicken Jr. go everywhere together.
You know what they say- birds of a feather flock together.

1 comment:

Beck said...

oh my you may have a future in being a professional chicken maker. How much would you charge to make me a Momma and Baby chicken with changeable eyes?? Needless to say I <3 them!