Monday, April 14, 2014

it's already been a big week and it's only Monday

Yesterday we took Annabelle to church for the first time. 

I put her in her homecoming dress because it's so adorable and I want to get every wear out of it that I can. I didn't realize her headband was too tight until it came off while nursing and I saw a little red indentation on her head. Mother of the year over here putting fashion before comfort. 
By some Sunday miracle we arrived 15 minutes early. The first time we went anywhere with the baby was to a doctors appointment the day after we got home from the hospital and we arrived no less than 38 minutes late. I was so humiliated and have been trying to redeem us ever since. She slept through Sunday school and hiccuped and sneezed through the entire service. She's always so delicate! 

We've suddenly become popular with the ladies at church. I always like to see/hold people's babies and am always annoyed saddened when they don't immediately hand the baby over for me to hold. I know others might feel the same way which is why I've been become surprisingly quick to hand my baby over to clean and responsible humans. Not to mention that most people said I'd never let anyone else hold Sesame and I'm out to prove them wrong.

As if one big event wasn't enough for the week, today was the first day Annabelle and I were home all day without Christopher. Looks like she's tired of spending the whole day alone with me already.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Good for you for being early - now that I have two, I'm almost always a few minutes late lol. Sorry that's she's tired of spending time with you already lol.

Jen said...

The yawning picture is adorable!

Jenn said...

Lord have mercy she is TOO CUTE! I just wanna hold her and sniff her head. Even if it is all indented from overly tightened headbands. ;) (Hey, she looks cute in that headband!)

Meg Taylor said...

Aww I love that photo of you and Annabelle! I love her little dress :)

Allison said...

ohmygoshthebabyyawnfaceeeeeeeeeeeee.

Babbling Brook said...

Look at that cute little yawn!

Just A Girl

stephanie said...

She is beautiful! And Maggie had that exact dress. I'll have to scrounge up a picture and show you. Sesame is a fashionista already!!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Youll never been all the way on time ever again. Welcome to motherhood! On new on time is ten minutes late!

Tara G. said...

Catching up! Um, darling baby!!!!!! I can't wait til she starts talking to see if she got your funny genes! :)