Thursday, April 17, 2014

she does not appreciate my sense of humor

Yesterday I told Annabelle I had a joke for her.
"I'll listen but don't promise I'll be impressed."
 "Maybe Katie's baby will be a little girl born on Sunday and she'll be an Easter chick." 
"I am not amused."
"My diaper is showing. I am so embarrassed.
I can't believe you're allowing me to be seen in a such a state of indecency.
To add insult to injury it's a Mickey Mouse diaper. The least you could have done is put me in one of those fancy peacock feather diapers you're so proud of. Mother? Are you even listening or are you still laughing at that joke?"

10 comments:

Jen said...

haha I love this! :)

Toi said...

I have a baby which makes me an expert on cute babies. It is my expert opinion that your baby is just too stinkin' cute!

Also, you're really funny! Glad to see that motherhood, sleeplessness (is that a word?) and all the stress that comes along with it hasn't taken that away.

Meg Taylor said...

Haha she is so cute! I loooove her little sneaker socks!!

The Tale of Three Ps said...

Haha. This made me chuckle.

Babbling Brook said...

Haha I love little jokes like that one! Baby's face is so priceless!

<a href='http://peaceforeverbby.blogspot.com/2014/04/6-benefits-to-living-on-military-base.html">Just A Girl</a>

Janelle Cook said...

Haha! This was funny.. and I like your joke, by the way! Also, Annabelle is ADORABLE! :)

Erin said...

She is SO SO adorable! And I love her name too! :)

Karen @ And Then We Laughed said...

LOVE these posts. She is so adorable. You did good, Mama! :)

Michelle said...

This is PERFECT.

Jenn said...

So teeny! Love her!