Monday, April 28, 2014

one month Annabelle

It's my one month post and I'll look away if I want to.
Taken today at exactly 1:40, the time I was born. 
Vital statistics: 8.1 lbs, 21'' long. I'm still rocking the newborn diapers and mostly wearing newborn clothes.
Best friend: Mr.Lion. He gets all my love.
My sleeping habits: At night I usually sleep for about 5-7 hours, wake up to eat, than sleep for 2-3 more hours. I am a very noisy sleeper which doesn't annoy my dad but sometimes bothers my mom. Occasionally she blames her lack of sleep on me and the big D-a-d. One night Dad was snoring and I was grunting and groaning so loud Mama couldn't get any sleep for hours. She was so happy in the morning! 
I answer to: Sesame, Annabelle, Anna, AB, and Squishy. My mom's also been known to call me Addison and Ava for reasons I do not understand. I really have very little idea what my name is.
I picked my first flower this week. Mom was so proud.

I enjoy/am mildly amused at: Mealtime, music, walks around the neighborhood, baths, when Daddy sings to me because he gets the words wrong, my new swing from Oma.
Editorial comments: Somehow the baby has gone from the size of a sesame seed to a little person who has started to smile. If at any point time decides to slow down you won't hear any complaints from me.

8 comments:

Jen said...

She looks so much like you! :) Happy one month Annabelle!

Michelle said...

AHH I meant to send Annabelle a Happy 1 month Birthday text yesterday (truly I did not forget!), but yesterday was terrible and it just never happened. So happy 1 month birthday, Annabelle, from your mom's friend who lives in the internet and was extremely excited and dancing the night she got the text you were born :)

Truly, she could not be cuter.

stephanie said...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it only speeds up :-( Also in about 2-3 years you hit this weird time and space continuum where the days feel like an eternity but the weeks/months/years fly by and then you start to sob because your baby is going to kindergarten and you just can't handle all of this!! Wait, I got off track. Sesame, Squishy, Ava, AB... is the CUTEST! I love her little smiles and would super love to hang out soon?! I need a baby fix!!!

Rachel Ross said...

Awwhh she is seriously so cute! Happy 1 month birthday sweet girl!

Toi said...

Time has never gone quicker than it has since I had a baby. It is truly bitter sweet. I blinked and my tiny newborn baby is now crawling. The only advice that I would give a new mommy is to soak up every second that you can.

I had to get up from my desk and go to the bathroom because that picture of her little hand had me in a puddle of tears. So sweet.

I hope that motherhood is being good to you. I know that it is hard. Beautiful and wonderful, but oh so hard. And you can never really prepare for all the changes that you will go through. Enjoy all the sweet moments and be good to yourself.

Karen said...

I can't get over how adorable she is. And time seems to speed up as they get older... and if you add another kid into the mix, time zooms. Happy 1 month!!!

Julie said...

My husband is seriously concerned that I might murder him in his sleep. Last night, he asked the baby so sleep more than 3 hours at a time during the night so I could get some sleep. I was like, "Even if he stops grunting, you sound like a train when you snore. How on earth am I supposed to get sleep?"

Allison said...

Dear Annabelle, Please move to Fort Bragg. Thank you, Allison