Monday, July 13, 2009

Crafts & Sewing

Of all the things on my to-do list for the summer, most of them *surprise surprise* haven't happened yet. But during my tuning-out-of-most-electronics week, I was able to accomplish a few crafty things.

I finished this apron for my friend Lauren, who just got married on Saturday. She's a green, brown, pink, Paisley(actually, I'm more the Paisley one!)girl so when I saw this fabric, it said LAUREN all over it.


A sweet,sweet lady from church, Mrs Carter was very sick with cancer. I wanted so badly to make her something, but I knew that it should both pretty and useful. I finished this tissue box on Tuesday and very sadly she died the next day so I was never able to give it to her. Her daughter also goes to church with me so I wanted her to have it instead. Mrs Carter was one of those people that you can know for only a year but they just become so special in that short amount of time.


I made these two necklaces for Mrs Carter's two adorable grandchildren, Anna and Jillian. I am completely convinced those two get cuter every week. They almost always wear matching dresses and bows and are such little ladies. I just love them to bits. I was looking for charms that said "I love Grammy" but since I couldn't find one, these were just as good(and probably even better)because they, and their Mom and Grammy all love butterflies and dragonflies.


I can't wait to start my next projects: matching mother/daughter aprons and pillowcase dresses!
-----------
WILT-Thomas Jefferson invented the swivel chair. Yet another reason to like Tom! ; )

No comments: