Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Great Prom Dress Search

My fashion services were requested today by the lovely Marissa as she searched for the all-important

2010 Senior Prom dress

Seeing how I'm a homeschooled graduate who never actually went to any prom {tear,sigh,sniff},I was obviously the logical choice to help Marissa in her time of need. The one year I was this close to going to the homeschool prom, we were in Florida the day of the event. I was beyond disappointed. Andrew was going to take me and we would wear matching clothes and have our picture taken and look so cute. I don't know if I ever informed him of that, now that I think about it.

I picked Marissa up at school in my snazzy Swedish{?} sports car, also known as a red Volvo that has no working air conditioning, and we whisked ourselves off to the mall. She had done her research online so knew she which dresses she wanted to try right off the bat. I took a puffy, beaded white dress into the dressing room to try on while Marissa tried on hers. I don't know what possessed me to grab the size 9/10 because I can barely wear a size 4 without puffing myself out. {You're welcome for the weird picture that just appeared in your head.} Needless to say, it was way too big but I wouldn't trade the fun whooshing sound I got from swinging myself around while wearing it. Side note: I love fancy dresses. I told Marissa maybe I should marry a politician so I could wear them all the time. Things in Marissa's dressing room were going much better because she loved, and consequently bought, the second dress she tried on!
We went to a second store just to make sure we didn't find a better dress{we didn't}, then it was off to find accessories and shoes. As I walked through the store carrying all our bags, I remarked that I felt like a husband who carries his wife's bags while she shops and spends all his money. She replied that she was being "a very good wife" because she was a "frugal shopper" who got both her dress and shoes on sale. I'll be sure to pass that information along to any and all prospective husbands.

I'm so proud of these inconspicuous and incognito mirror pictures.



"Are you taking my picture?"

When we got home we had a lovely snack of ice coffee{the first of the year!}and leftover chocolate and peanut butter eggs that Grandma and I made. Somebody had to eat them. All in all it was a very successful day.

Senior Prom 2010...here she comes!

No comments: