Friday, August 27, 2010

Two totally unrelated topics

Autumn came over the other night because we had some Very Important Issues to discuss and we decided to make Sweet and Sour Pork Rice Bowl from the Rachael Ray magazine. We had some issues we'd like to bring up.

1. The finished result looked
absolutely nothing like the picture.
2. It did not take the 20 minute prep time as advertised. It took us well over an hour. Sure, we may have been slightly unprepared{for example, we didn't know we needed bread crumbs so we had to make them}but not enough so that it took us almost 3 times longer.
3. There should have been a warning about flying oil splatters which result in multiple burns.
4. We don't dislike R.R., we're just saying. We're experts at giving unsolicited reviews.

***
On a totally different topic, the rain has finally ended after 46{give or take a couple}days. We almost forgot what sunglasses are for. The sun is now shining and the weather is so beautiful I think it calls for a picnic.

This is my favorite place in the whole world to have a picnic.

Katie and I love having picnics on the lawn of "our" mansion by the sea.



And that's all I have to say for today. {Occasionally even I run out of words!}

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I'm not so sure about R.R. sometimes either. She makes everything look so easy. And I love the view! How gorgeous. I'm a new follower from blog frog!