Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Beach Girls

ASL{All the Single Ladies}joined forces today and headed to the beach. We had a slight delay when we got into the car and realized we didn't have directions to the beach. And by "slight delay" I mean 20 minutes. After the situation was rectified, I was appointed chief direction giver. I, who gets lost an average of 18 times a year{usually for more than an hour at a time and with 1 or 14 turnarounds}, gave directions and you know what? we got there in one piece without turning around once. I was so proud.

Mom was a little worried about the strong undertow and whether a lifeguard would be on duty, but she didn't have to worry. We brought our very own certified, official, YMCA swimming teacher with us:

The sky was threatening and Mr. Sun choose to appear only briefly so we didn't swim much. And by "swim much" I mean that we only wadded. Even so, we had so much fun sitting in the sand talking for hours.
I ♥♥♥ them.

Over the last few months, Autumn and I have become Laverne and Shirley fans. Poor Joanna had never experienced them so after the beach we went to Autumn's for a L & S viewing. As single ladies, we're always on the look-out for presentable young men and Autumn and I didn't feel we were being good friends to Joanna if we didn't introduce her to the glories of these two:

She was less than impressed.

But then again, had she been impressed with them, an emergency ASL intervention would have been necessary!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I used to love Laverne and Shirley...but I had completely forgotten about them! I just found the entire Cosby Show series on youtube, so maybe I can find some L and S!!

Glad you had fun at the beach!

Sarah said...

You should! They're so fun! :)