Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Nothing Unusual

Today was just an average day. I have nothing of extreme excitement to report. I was home alone almost all day and did school*, straightened my room, inwardly wept at the fact there was no one to take a walk with in this beautiful weather, started to make earrings, and drove with Dad to see the work they've done at his new business. As you can see, it was nothing to be jealous of. I almost didn't post anything today because I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, but that was my life today and I blog about my life! What did you do today?

*{Yes,I realize it's almost July and just about everyone else is out of school. Just tell that to my online school...do you think they missed the memo? Thankfully I'm almost done!}

On a different and happier note, I am so excited about the 4th of July! Next to Christmas, it is my favorite holiday. I know I talk all the time about "I love, love,love such-and-such" or "one on my favorite things is___", but when it comes down to it, I just love my country so much. People say it all the time but its so true- those of us who live in the United States are so very, very blessed. I just wish that the patriotic feeling people have on this one weekend would last the whole year. It seems to be one of those things that people are so into at the moment but when it's over, they forget all about it and go on with their lives. When I have my own home, I want to have a special America Room with stars and flags and well, American things! I love planning my 4th of July outfit each year. I feel it's very important to wear something appropriate. This year I need two outfits-one for Saturday and one for Sunday. Unfortunately, my wardrobe isn't that extensive but I'll figure something out! :-)


THOSE WHO EXPECT TO REAP THE BLESSINGS OF FREEDOM, MUST…
UNDERGO THE FATIGUE OF SUPPORTING IT.

Thomas Paine

2 comments:

Sereina said...

I love the Fourth of July also!

Laura said...

Love the part about patriotism. I agree...so important.