Thursday, July 21, 2011

the first of our firsts

Christopher and I have many anniversaries. We have the day he first emailed me, the day we first met, the day we got engaged, and the day we got married.


Today, the first of our firsts, marks one year since I received an email from a soldier on the other side of the world at approximately 11:30 at night. (The events leading up to that night are discussed in a pain-staking and long-winded way right here.)


So that we'll always have our emails in the years to come, I had the first three months of our correspondence made into a book for a wedding gift for Christopher. 

To celebrate this momentous day in our lives, Christopher sent me an email this morning. How appropriate.  It was VERY sweet and I was very touched. If you're hoping I'll copy and paste the whole thing here so you can read it too, I'm sorry to inform you that you are about to be disappointed. ;-) Tonight we're going out to get a pedicure and see the final Harry Potter movie. (Yes, our Harry Potter movie watching intensive has almost come to an end!)


I think we should watch You've Got Mail, too. If every there was an appropriate movie for our situation, that would be it!

No comments: