Monday, October 5, 2009

Not Me Monday

* I did not almost buy a 'congratulations on your new baby' card for Katie just because it was so ridiculously adorable. She is not pregnant. Or married. Or even have a boyfriend. I can probably wait a few years to buy that kind of card.

* I was also not tempted to buy a Braille birthday card just because it was in Braille. But would you blame me if I had bought it? I mean, how often do you see a Braille card in your average seeing people store? Or any store?

* Due to lack of tissues, paper towels, napkins, or diaper wipes, I did not simply rip a piece of paper in half and use it to wipe Max's hands and face of sticky chocolate. Max didn't really seem to be a fan but beggars can't be choosers. Actually, "necessity is the mother of invention" might be a little more appropriate.

* I did not get impatient after waiting 1 hour 41 minutes in the eye doctor's waiting room before my appointment on Wednesday. That was not the third time in a row I've had to wait over an hour. I pretty sure I will be looking for a new eye doctor.
* In an effort to protect my identity, I did not put my bank account number into my cell phone and disguise it as a "fax number". I think we all know that real fax numbers don't look like that.
* As I was cleaning up the kitchen while guests were over, I did not think one of them looked at me and said "look at that picture of a fish in the sea" when what he really said was "look at that picture of efficiency." I never mishear what people say. I would also never make a "what are you talking about 'picture of a fish'? We don't have any pictures of fish in our kitchen" face.
* It was not me who once again proved that it is completely, 100%, totally possibly to get lost even while using a GPS. I always know exactly how to get where I need to go, especially while driving the chilren I'm babysitting to the doctors.
Nope, not me!
Edit-Since I don't know where else to put it, I'll mention right here that somehow I just made the first comment on Mckmama's blog post. Eventhough I really don't care about what number my comment is, it was still a nice surprise to see. And yes, I did read the whole post before commenting and no, I wasn't trying to be first! (btw,the "don't" above is serious, not a Not Me Monday "don't"!)

No comments: